Sunday, January 29, 2012

Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride by Sandra Bricker [3.5 Stars]

Always the Wedding Planner, Never the bride by Sandra Bricker.
Wedding planner Sherilyn Caine has moved from Chicago to Atlanta to marry Andrew Drummond IV, an Atlanta native with a family name that tops all the social registers. Sherilyn joins her best friend and old college roommate Emma, the hotel's baker, in working at The Tanglewood, a destination wedding hotel.
Sherilyn and Andy have only known each other a short time, but they know they're destined to be married. But then why do all their wedding plans keep falling apart?




Cute, light read. The characters were fun, but not real memorable. (Russell was a fun character. I liked the addition of him.) Nothing really 'exciting' happened, no real problems or anything. I can't really say much more than this just being a cute, happy, uneventful read.
The storyline is fun and kept me interested and willing to read the next.

There were some things (in the kindle edition at least. I've noticed these things in most kindle editions) that were confusing; mostly typos, and that there weren't proper breaks between paragraphs. So you'd be reading along and then suddenly the story would change points of view or go to an entirely new scene/situation.

I like how the author ends each chapter with something fun, like a recipie, wedding planning tips, how to pick a wedding dress, and other fun stuff. Very unique idea that I really enjoy.

Overall, this is a fun book. A good change of pace between all the crime/suspense/thrillers I normally read ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice, light read. I always like to have a book like this going at the same time as something darker or more exciting - then I read whatever I'm in the mood for at any given time.

    ReplyDelete