Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Eyes of Justice by Lis Wiehl [4 Stars]

Eyes of Justice by Lis Wiehl
The Triple Threat consists of FBI agent Nicole Hedges, federal prosecutor Allison Pierce, and crime reporter Cassidy Shaw. They met in high school, but didn't become friends until their high school reunion when they realized they all had something in common - their desire to see justice.
They've solved a few crimes together, but this time it's personal. When one of the Triple Threat is murdered, the remaining two are devastated and vow to bring the killer to justice, no matter the cost.
It doesn't take the police long to make an arrest, but the women soon become convinced that the police have the wrong person behind bars.
It suddenly becomes apparent that the killer doesn't just want one member of the Triple Threat dead...he wants them all dead.
Will the Triple Threat be able to overcome their grief and lock up the killer before it's too late?

When I first started reading this book, I wasn't sure about the killing off of one of the main characters, it seemed kind of weird to kill off someone you've come to know, three books into the series. I didn't feel too bad though, because she wasn't one of my favorite characters. It just left me feeling a little perplexed.

The plot line was good, the story pretty well written. There were some plot twists I saw coming, but most of them I didn't. I do really like the two remaining Triple Threat members. They have very real personalities and quirks.
I'm not really sure about the new character Ophelia. There was really no back story or getting to know her. She kind of just appears and (I'm guessing) supposed to take the place of the deceased Triple Threat member.
I wasn't too impressed with the ending, even though the crime was solved. I know some of the plot lines were left for the next book, I just felt like the book didn't really 'end', it just stopped.
Overall, this book is a great addition to the Triple Threat series.
This is the fourth book in the Triple Threat series. Book one - Face of Betrayal, book two - Hand of Fate, and book three Heart of Ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment