Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cuts Like A Knife by M. K. Gilroy [5 Stars]

Cuts Like A Kinfe by M.K. Gilroy
Detective Kristen Conner, the newest detective with the Chicago PD, is after a ruthless serial killer dubbed The Cutter Shark. The killer targets young women with successful careers.
Kristen is a tough girl, she grew up in a cop's home and takes intense hand-to-hand combat training.
Faith and family are important to Kristen. She coaches her 7-year old niece Kendra's soccer team, The Snowflakes, she always shows up to family dinners, and almost never misses church.
But things get crazy when she's assigned to the Cutter Shark case. Kristin is a good cop, but she's never faced anything like this before. Will she be able to stop the Cutter Shark before he kills again?

I really liked this book! Kristin, the main character, is pretty cool. She's tough, funny, and not too girly, so I identified well with her ;)
I liked that Kristin struggled some with her faith and didn't come across as too perfect or preachy. She has anger problems, but tries hard to overcome them. I felt like I really got to 'know' the characters.
I never lost interest and was left guessing who the killer was until the very end! Which is a great feat if you ask me, because I'm not too easy to fool ;)
This book is very well written, realistic, and relatable. I can't wait until the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment