Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Proof by Jordyn Redwood [4 stars]

Proof by Jordyn Redwood
From back cover:
After DNA evidence clears a suspected serial rapist of grisly crimes, ER physician Dr. Lilly Reeves think she's a danger to the case, and takes matters into her own hands. Police detectives er colleagues worry her obsession will be detrimental to her health. But Lilly can't stop, even if it means digging into a dark mystery that science cannot comprehend. Alone and on the run, Lilly wonders: Is there any proof that will bring a monster to justice?

I'll start off by saying this is a book for mature audiences, since it deals with the topic of rape.

I thought this book was very well done. There's a lot of medical details, but not so many where they're hard to follow or understand. The characters were well done and I felt as though I really got to know Dr. Lilly Reeves throughout the book.

I found the genetics aspect of the book to be very intriguing!

It was interesting that we find out who the killer is in the middle of the book (you never see that happen!) and the rest of the story is proving that the person actually did commit the crime when DNA testing proves wrong.

I did figure out a few of the plot twists, but overall, this is a very well done book. I am looking forward to the next book in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment