Sunday, December 4, 2011

Wolfsbane by Ronie Kendig [5 Stars]

For my first book review, I'm going to do the last book I finished, which was Wolfsbane by Ronie Kendig. Ronie Kendig is easily one of my favorite authors. I downloaded Digitalis (which is the second book in the Discarded Heros series) as a free Kindle download and I loved it! (The first book in the series is Nightshade)So I was excited to see there was going to be FOUR books in the series! Wolfsbane, the third book, did not disappoint.

Wolfsbane is about Dani Roark, a demolitions expert who travels to Venezuela with the Army Corps of Engineers. Her team is captured and she's held captive for six months. She escapes, only to return to the U.S. and be tried with espionage. To clear her name, she returns to Venezuela with Canyon "Midas" Metcalfe, a former Green Beret and medic and the rest of the Nightshade team. Canyon is battling his own demons and new nightmares are added once they reach Venezuela.  
There are many twists and turns I never saw coming! Which is saying a lot coming from me! I really, really enjoyed this book. One thing I really like about Ronie Kendig's writing is that she gets into the heads of BOTH characters, it's interesting to read from the mans point-of-view instead of always the girls'. The characters are believable and real, you can feel Dani's pain as she recounts the horror of her captivity, and the things Canyon is dealing with.
This is a christian book, and themes such as forgiveness and God's grace are discussed.

This book has a perfect mix of suspense, adventure and romance. I would definitely recommend this series to anyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment